1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sanity check before purchase, 97 MIA deluxe Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madsedan, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    If you are asking me mine is a 1997 Fender Am. Deluxe with Suhr electronics.

I completely modded my 2001 MIM Fender Deluxe. with Suhr era
    "type electronics". It required shielding by my luthier to quiet it down.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. madsedan

madsedan

Sep 9, 2009
    Dallas
    Thanks guys, picked it up and it is a gem. Neck is wonderful, tuners are tight, frets are great and have been dressed recently, action is spot on, and it plays super nice!
    The pearloid guard has some greening going on that looks really cool, comes with extra high mass bridge and all the case candy with original Fender gig bag. I'd say I did pretty well on this for the price. I've been playing it for about an hour and I'm really digging it so far.

Mr_O'B and guy n. cognito like this.
  3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Did yours have the new-fangled (at that time) ultra light tuners, and if so did you notice any play in them? Mine had play in every one. It took me forever to get that bass in tune. It's the only bass I ever owned that had any issues like that. I'm wondering too if they only released a small amount of basses with them.

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Happy for you! It looks awesome, and if it feels/plays the same - I'm almost jealous :). Congrats!

5. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    What a wonderful Christmas gift. I'm extremely happy for you! :hyper::bassist::hyper:

6. madsedan

madsedan

Sep 9, 2009
    Dallas
    I got a smoking deal from a local shop on a new Fender Rumble 150 they had NOS in the shop, $149 lol. MSRP is $349 and it seems street price new was $249-299. It sounds great and has wheels which is nice.
    So far its the best Christmas gift I've ever bought myself.

Mr_O'B likes this.
  7. Gaebrial

Gaebrial

Mar 8, 2016
    Are you in the RVA area, by any chance? I just saw that exact deal on craigslist and searched this forum to see if it was a well-regarded amp, ha.

8. madsedan

madsedan

Sep 9, 2009
    Dallas
    Nope I'm in Dallas and its a good deal but I got a deal I could'nt pass up on the Rumble 150.

Mr_O'B likes this.