Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sannsamp BDDI Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rumzini, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Ok so as I understand it you can get wonderful tube sound from it. You can also get a overdriven sound from it. Are these sounds switchable say with that lil stomp button on the lower right hand corner of the unit? As in your playing clean and the dirty part of the song comes up and stomp...presto, overdrive!

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, yes, kinda. You can set it for crunch, then bypass it for the clean part. The problem is that you bypass the EQ section along with the drive section. The MXR M-80 might work better for you, because you can kick the disto section in and out while maintaining the same EQ.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    as Munji said, it's all or nothing.

4. Yeah, but the sansamp sounds better than the mx80.

I think Sansamp should make one like the MX80, with two channels.

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Ah...thank you very much folks.

6. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    The Fulltone Bass Drive sounds better and has three levels: clean, overdrive, boost. You push the left button to get clean/effected, and you push the right button to get normal/boost. I use this for clean, same volume overdrive, louder volume distortion.

I like it.

Tim99.

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I use the M80 because of it's two channel feature, if there was a 2 channel Sansamp I'd use that instead.