SANS AMP Bass Driver

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkMachine, Jul 13, 2004.

1. FunkMachine

Jul 13, 2004
    Anyone else own this funky little box ?

Seeing as all my basses are passive, this little thing certainly gives me alot more sound at gigs.

I bought it off a friend second hand, with no form of instructional booklet or guide..

1)Can anyone tell me what the "Phantom Ground Connect" switch does? It doesnt seem to make a difference when its on or not..

And also..

2) When I have "Blend" turned up on full on my practise amp (250 watt Laney), I get very bad muddy sound out of my bass...(This also happened when I was recording too)....but at gigs, I seem to get a much better sound when Blend is turned all the way up. Why could this be?

Also, what are you general opinions about the Sans-amp, in comparison to other bass pre-amps ?
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I have one, I don't really use the blend on it too much and mainly use it for eq and DI. If I use the blend, I keep it below 50% - above that it gets mid scooped as you noticed.

When you say you get the best sound with it live and blend full, is that what audience people tell you or what you observe on stage? Just curious. When I tried it live using blend, it sounded nice and bassy on stage but the sound just had no definition from where the audience were.

Also, there's been loads of previous discussion in this forum and the effects forum - searching on 'sansamp or bddi' will give you pages and pages of threads to check out.