Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sans amp bass driver!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by I-Love-Ratm, Jan 4, 2005.

1. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello all just some questions about the aforementioned gadget.When the Led isn't on does that mean the amp I will be going through is the same or does it still work.And what are some good settings for a hi-fi tone.Think Dirk Lance!

Cheers
    Mike

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    with led off, you'll bypass the eq/tube emulation, but you'll still get a sound

3. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Get what sound?What I'm tryin to say is when the LED is off is it still "on" I know I'll get sound off my amp.And with the LED on for a boost?

4. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    :confused: He answered your question. When the LED is off, the effect is bypassed. Meaning: off.

5. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok thanks.I'm stooooopppahd!Cheers guys.Now for that hi-fi setting!

6. Tritone

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    hmmmm IME with the thing, I'm not really sure "Hi-FI" is really workable. The unit is more for adding distortion or a "tube grit" to the sound. What are you exactly looking to do with it?

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Yeah, hi-fi and the tube emulation are kind of opposites. Use the presence and sparing amounts of blend, that's the best I can think of.

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I agree with Tritone... the SABDDI isn't the best device to have for a hi-fi tone. Depends on your definition of hi-fi, though.

I'm not familiar with the Dirk Lance tone. Even so, my recommendation for hi-fi tone would be to keep the Drive control completely minimized (fully counterclockwise), and use caution with the Presence control because that can add grit as well. Then set Blend, Treble, and Bass to taste.

9. Tritone

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Or maybe try the Sansamp Acoustic Di instead.

10. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    No it,s fine I've misunderstood the unit.I now get it and love it.Thanks you guys!