1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sans Amp BDDI before or after effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ka_Ve_86, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Ok so i have read that you should have you bass plugged straight into the sans then run effects after it.. but i have seen some players use it the other way around im not to sure if it makes a difference to sound or performance does anyone know?

2. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    It depends on what you're using the sansamp for. If you're using it as a DI and you want the effects to be in your signal, then it has to be after the effects. If you're just using it for the distortion/tone, and you're still going to an amp, then it can be wherever it sounds best for you.

3. yes if you are planning to use it as your DI then it should be the last unless you dont want some effects in one your DI'd signal
    but if you want to use it for the eq and od purposes then , like someone said before, the placement is debatable

4. acleex38

acleex38

Jul 28, 2006
    I tend to think of it as "momentarily pretending I have a different amp than I actually do", so I run it last, but inside of the effects loop from my Loop-Master.

5. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    Okay... The Sansamp is supposed to simulate a mic-ed up rig. Do you normally put your effects between the microphone and the mixer, or before the input of the amp?

6. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    I place mine after the Korg G5 as it warms the G5 fuzz sounds but in front of my Demeter Compulator (last effect)