Sans Amp, Cube, or POD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by iDavid, May 21, 2005.

1. iDavid

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm just getting into playing bass and need something to record directly in my PC. I've got a motu 828, and RNP/RNC for the input.

I was looking at a Rolnad Bass Cube and thought it sounded pretty good and wondered if it would work well for recording

I also see the Bass driver now has a programable unit and I seriouly considering it.

and bass POD.

I've done a few searches, but have not found any direct comparions. Nor much inof on the Cube.

I know it all depends on what you like, but my ears are new to REAL bass, so if you have some STRONG ideas and past experience I would appreciate your knowledge.

I've always used samples for bass recording and I am fed up with it!

2. Sansamp BDDI is the cheapest and IMO best option for direct recording. The Pod has a ton of effects you won't use, and the Bass Cube is not bad but pretty pricey. My friend has one and it sounds nice and is way portable but you said recording so there it is........
  3. +1. Unbeatable at the price IMHO. ;)
  4. iDavid

Apr 22, 2005

I've seen the bass cube for 250 euro over here in Germany, do you think it makes a pretty good practice amp?

Do people run the Sans-amp into their bass amp for more tone?

would that work well with the Cube?
  5. Yes.

IMHO, of course. ;)
  6. PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    I've got the Bass PODxt, and I'm *very* happy with it! :hyper:

I'm only interested in live use, but the PODxt can be set for either -10dB or +4dB. It has simulation of amps, cabinets, microphones and "rooms" (think recording studio), giving tremendous flexibility.