1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sans Amp Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MudKricket, Aug 26, 2007.

1. MudKricket

MudKricket

Aug 11, 2007
    i was thinkin about pickin up the tech 21 sansamp rbi tube emulator. any comments for or against it? thanks also, do u think if i went tto GC or something, they could/would remove the housing on my behringer bx4500 to make it rackmountable
    and im pretty sur ide have to make some kind of ears for it. is that even possible?

thanks

2. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    erm.....i think generally everyone on this forum enthuses...

but as for rackmountable...well its so small!! im sure but do you want to pay??

3. Can you describe what you play a bit? Music? Gear? Location(s)? etc.
    FWIW - SansAmp has a rack mount version available. I think it is the RPM or something lke that.

I use the ParaDriverDI model, and like it a lot.

=JR=

4. MudKricket

MudKricket

Aug 11, 2007
    i was talkin about rack mounting the behringer head i have, its not the greatest, but its what i have and what ill be using for a while so it would be easier if i could just have it rack mounted. i currently play a schecter 004, a behringer bx4500 head with a 1x15 cab and a 4x10 cab. i play funk,rock,and hardcore/metal

this is the samnsamp im talking about, its rackmountable
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...I-Rackmount-Bass-Tube-Amp-Emulator?sku=480223

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    The RBI is a rackmount unit; the RPM is an update on it. You must be thinking of the SABDDI.

6. The RBI is very popular. Most bassists that have it like it. Try to find a dealer near that carries them and check it out. You can probably get it locally for the same price online

7. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    I dig Tech21's stuff so much I started a thread - check my sig :)

If you need semi-parametric mid control, go for the RPM instead. It's not an update on the RBI, they were produced concurrently.

8. seangoespostal

seangoespostal Guest

Aug 26, 2007
    I love my SansAmp bass driver D.I...I can't imagine the rackmount version being anything other than great.

9. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    No, the RPM is a rackmount version of the Tech21 acoustic DI, but It can work for Bass, but its darker than the RBI sound.

The RBI is a good "budget" preamp with many different sounds.

10. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I agree Tech21 has made many innovative guitar/bass products!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

11. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  12. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    That's interesting, because I could swear somewhere I read that Tech21 said that of the RBI, that it was basically the rackmount version of the Acoustic DI! :eyebrow:

13. MudKricket

MudKricket

Aug 11, 2007
    thanks everyone i think ill be trying to find one to test and pick up one of those shelves