Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sans Amp Questions...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BASSnSAX, Dec 9, 2001.

1. I have a problem....

On my used SABDDI, the presence knob does nothing, even when cranked up, and the level cranked completely and no Drive...is the pot fried?

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    blend is up too right? red light is on, output is going from the out, not the parallel? if yes, it sure sounds like its broken.

3. Yuppa!

4. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    hopefully it's still under warranty. Everything I buy usually dies the day after the warranty runs out.:D

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Is the older Sanamp Bass DI with the adjustments inside the identical to the newer model in tone and capability?

Can I get close to an SVT grind with a Sansamp into the tube channel of my Eden?

6. I guess your talking about the new rack mountable one, The old floor model has no mid-range control it's interactive, If you boost bass and treble it cuts the mids if you cut the treble it boost the mids; I think their set somewhere at 770Hz. It can be a bit frustrating to get tone from it if you don't know how the controls work and the presence control is basically high-mid around 2kHz, I don't know if that is interactive. Messing around with the drive control using it very judiciously boosting your input signal and adding in the blend control for content has been known to replicated that raucous Ampeg like grind... The new one is really not that much different then the old one, but the new one would make a better preamp because it has an effects loop and is rack mountable.

There's one problem the tweater in your Eden Metro may get really nasty sounds If you can't control the crossover or level. If you can try to keep it pretty low to avoid damage or squelling noises... Distortion or Overdrive tend to sound really bad through tweaters if they're set up to high and get a hissing or feed back sound.

7. embellisher

Bigfeet, I am talking about these two.

OLD:

[​IMG]

NEW:

[​IMG]

8. Ahhhh... After all that info on the new one, a geezer still shows me up. :rolleyes:

9. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Embellisher, you should send them an email. I've found them to be VERY cool with customer support and answering questions. They even sent me several new plastic screw on things for the input jack when mine fell off and was lost.

10. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    That sucks, because I just tried one at the GC and really liked it, and I was thinking about getting a used one over the internet. I hope I don't end up getting one with a dead pot.

11. Actually, those things are built better than tanks. I swear you could send it to the Taliban to have them blow up in a pointless attack against the U.S. and it would frustrate them to death, for those black boxes are built Tech 21 tuff.

12. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    BASSnSAX, was the presence knob broken when you got it? If so, did the original owner mention anything about it?

13. embellisher

I have heard that it doesn't sound too great driving an Eden. Any of you guys have any experience with this?

14. I actually tested it through some Eden speakers...the salesclerk bypassed the amp of a 4x10 Eden combo. It sounded pretty dang decent.

15. Not exactly but with my Roland 500 it makes some nice changes, with my SWR WKM15 it does nothing. At least nothing to talk about.