sans amp RBI footswitch?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shaolinwhat, Jul 31, 2005.

1. shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    does anybody know where i could get a tech 21 footswitch, or know of any other good ones? i have a couple tunes that i use my jazz bass on for a midrangey fingerstlye tone w/o my sansamp on, but some of the bigger choruses need the boost. i know someone is gonna say to just get the pedal version, but i had one of those for a year or two and i like the rbi way better.
  2. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I wasn't aware that the RBI had a footswtich option, but tech21 could likely supply you with one... their customer service has been good IME. Don't know how much it'd cost tho.

What functions does the footswitch have, anyway?
  3. shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    it would just be on/off
  4. any standard channel selection type footswitch should do... actually there's two types, pulse ones and on/off ones but i'm sure someone will tell you what type the rbi is and recommend a good easily availible one as would tech21 i imagine.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ask a guitarist to borrow his channel select footswitch. If that works, you need an on/off type footswitch like a Boss FS-5L, if it doesn't work you need a Boss FS-5U type, unlatching, or better known as a momentary footswitch.

Or consult your manual.