Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sans Amp RBI Sample Settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sanctum, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Ever notice in the sample settings part of the RBI manual that the "level" is never set above 11 o'clock?

Whats up with that?

Just seems weird to me, I run mine about noon.

2. I just picked up one these nice little boxes and I'm still figuring out how level and such effect the tone.

Do you find that higher levels interact with the the drive setting?

3. Nope, the level knob will only affect the volume, not the overdrive, no matter how high you set. You'll probably manage to make the gain on your head distort if you really want to, though.

4. Yup, what he said.

I find the overdrive on the SansAmp REALLY good in small doses, like just mixed in enough for some grit. I fine it NOT SO good for all out distortion ... nope, not at all. But all I need is a little grit anyhow.

I also don't like the blend knob all the way up like they suggest all the time .... I like it right in the middle.

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Here's the setting I used on New Year's Eve. It was with my country band: I played a Fender Roscoe Beck V strung with TI flats. That bass is passive and even in series mode output isn't really hot, so even though Drive is cranked nearly to 3:00 I got subtle tubey goodness, and not outright distortion.

Presence is up past 1:00, but notice that Blend is only around 10:00. Also, I rolled back the tone control on the bass nearly halfway.

[​IMG]

P.S. Y'all can stop laughing now. I found the footwear at a Going Out Of Business sale, it was the last pair, they were 60% off and in my size, so I figured I HAD to buy 'em. ;)