Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sans Amp XXL Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toasted, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    any comments? looks like im going to get one off english ebay for less than $70.. unless the and out bidding phantom strikes me.

whats this pedal like? for bass and guitar i guess. ill probably just end up selling it if i get it,
    whats the valuye of this pedal? i can find very little on the net

2. wingnutkj

wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Scotland
    ...it works well with bass. I bought one as a present for my guitarist last Christmas, but he couldn't get a tone he liked out of it. I tried putting my bass through it and was pleasantly amazed at how good it sounded. With the knobs set right, it keeps the bottom end and does some really high gain distortion - no doubt it's capable of other things, but that's what I use it for.

It sounds unlike any of my other pedals (a couple of Big Muffs, a Rat, a Fulltone Bass-drive), so I swapped him another pedal for it. We play noisy, lo-fi three-piece rock, and I use it to push my bass forward in the mix and cut through on the song where I get a bass solo.