1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sans amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassiboy, Aug 25, 2007.

1. bassiboy

bassiboy

May 14, 2007
    Hi

I am going to purchase a Sans amp and can't decide between "SansAmp Bass Driver DI effect bass pedal" or the "SansAmp Bass Driver DI 3 Channel Programmable". I guess what I am wondering is if these boxes has the same in and out. The DI box has jack output, XLR output, parallel output and jack input. I can't find any info on the DI 3 about this. On the pictures it seems like there is only XLR output.

Any other inputs from users are welcome too!

Thanks

2. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    There's no parallel output on the programmable.

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    +1. other than that, the only difference is the programmability. the sound between the two units is identical.
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

4. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    The size is also a big difference. For some people "pedal board" real estate is a big issue. The price difference is so close that unless you need the parallel out and/or the smaller size, the programable one is a better choice.

5. bassiboy

bassiboy

May 14, 2007
    Thanks for the replies. What exactly does the parallel output do?

6. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    it allows you to run an unaffected signal out to, say, a monitor... or your amp. some people will run the DI to the house, then go from the parallel output to some effects and then to their amp.

7. My tuner likes it.