1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SansAmp Acoustic DI for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by duke2004, Apr 17, 2010.

1. duke2004

duke2004

Mar 29, 2004
    Cambridge, Mass.
    Wanted to get a DI with tone shaping including a mid frequency control. Anyone tried one of these for bass? Not looking for any distortion/overdrive, just subtle eq.

2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    The Acoustic DI is a tube amp emulator. It's more than an EQ. It has a very dark tone due to it's speaker emulation. The blend knob can make it more subtle and the EQ can bring back some of the high end but when I briefly tried it out I found it kind of hard to work with due to it's kind of extreme inherent tone. Like I said, I'm sure you could work around it but I would prefer something that started flat.

3. I had one for a while and it just didn't work well for me. It was fine, but just fine and some settings with some of my other effects were worse.

I never liked the SansAmp Bass Driver very much either, but it did seem to work better than the ADI.

I wish I could be more specific about it, but there wasn't any one nagging thing about it. It just didn't make anything sound better to me.