Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp Acoustic DI, QSC, Acme B-2 ... Wow!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Touch, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Touch

Touch

Aug 7, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Hi Gang,

I put this over on the DB side, but I wanted to let the BG folks know of my luck with this new rig ... here goes.

I just finished my first gig with the SansAmp Acoustic DI (I picked it up used for $25!). A jazz trio, drummer in my face, guitarist had a Fender Twin. We do standards, as well as some Scofield and Methany styles...

I was using a K&K BassMax pickup, a QSC RMX-850 power amp ( 600 W bridged) and an Acme B-2 cabinet (3-way, 4 ohm). Bass is a turn-of-the-century German carved top.

The Sansamp Acoustic DI preamp had fabulous tone, great "growl" and it drove my QSC amp just fine. Plenty loud during Freddie Hubbard's "Mr. Clean". The parametric midrange control was very effective in eliminating feedback so you can "crank it".

It might be nice to try a Raven Labs or another 2-channel preamp to blend in a condenser mic. Maybe someday when I get some cash, but I think I'm set for now.

Regards,

Touch

2. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    It's reassuring to hear that 600W is plenty of power for the B2.