Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sansamp...again!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jrich, Jul 17, 2001.

1. jrich

jrich

Jul 10, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    just one quick question.

I've read a lot of threads about the sansampBDDI, and I'd like to look into one to at least see how it sounds. The guitar store near me carries em for $189. I couldn't find any threads about a good price for one. How much should I expect to pay, is that a good price?

thanks,
    josh

2. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Indiana
  3. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    I have 2.
    got one for the 189 price and the other for 10 bucks cheaper. Hunt and peck and you can do better. BTW KD I dig your sign-off line!

4. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Indiana
    Thanks chief! You are the first to comment on it. I actually got it from a Christian rapper I used to listen to.

5. jrich

jrich

Jul 10, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    thanks for the info.

after looking around, the lowest i've seen it for is 169. I've come to realize that online stores don't save you much after shipping. (Cept 8th street has free shipping right now) But I think Guitar Center is a rip-off, and Musicians friend has the same prices before shippng is added.

Sorry...I just had to vent:) (how do you get thoses stupid smilies into the acutal message?)
    josh

6. My advice is to find the cheapest possible price on the internet and print the web page out. Then take it to Guitar Center and they should match it. I do it all the time.

7. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Indiana
    I am going to have to start doing that!

8. jrich

jrich

Jul 10, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    thanks robot!

I didn't know they would match anything from the internet. I actually know someone who works there who discounts me so i'm gonna see if he can do me one on the sansamp.

josh

9. Yeah, I've gotten some pretty sweet deals doing this. Just make sure the date is on the print out so the GC fools know that the price is current. I don't even know if they're suppose to match internet ads, but the one I go to takes them all the time.

10. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Sansamp BDDI $150 at http://www.chucklevins.com. You've got to email them to get quote but they are fairly prompt (within a day or two) and the service is good. I bought an SWR cab from them (best price I found) and they got me replacement corners when one of the corners was broken when it arrived (probably a mfr defect as the box was undamaged). Not exceptional but Brian Meader (their email guy) had good communication and was great to work with.

I only started emailing them for prices after I saw someone mention what they got a new Bag End cab for from them. It's worth it on a lot of stuff.

11. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Yeah Chuck Levin's always has some of the best prices around. And the guys there actually know what they are talking about. If you are in the Washington D.C. area it's definitely worth a trip up there.