Sansamp and Carvin R600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TJBass, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Can you run a sansamp bass driver into the return on the effects loop and the bass directly to the Sansamp thereby eliminating the Carvin Pre-amp from the chain and just using the power amp side?

2. Knack

Mar 25, 2002
    New York City
    Yes, that is my understanding. You can still use the post-shape (EQ) too.
  3. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Ditto on the last post, yeah that should work fine. Run into the return on the f/x loop, and should you want it, the graphic EQ should still be available while bypassing the carvin pre.
  4. That sounds a bit strange. IME , FX out sockets normally come after all EQ so you have the option of slaving up another power amp with the EQ settings. Using the FX out as a line out. Does Carvin not do this?
  5. Carvins effects loop is after gain,compressor,noise gate and main EQ.It is before the defeatable graphic,crossover and amp volume outputs.I run my Sans Amp RBI into the effects return on my R1000 and have the graphic if I want and can bi-amp(which I don't)and also have control over each power amps volume.The RBI seems to have more gain than my Bass Driver did but I think the Bass Driver has enough to work this way.I like the sound of it better this way than running it through the whole preamp.
  6. Thats what I wanted to hear, I would like the rack mounted version too but may have to settle for the DI instead, I'm not too keen on the tone I'm getting thru the Carvin the way it is right now. Thanks again...
  7. One more question, will the pedal version drive the carvin's power amp or would I have to get the rackmounted version? Ok, maybe one more, is the Dunlop MXR M-80 the same as the sansamp?
    Thanks again
  8. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    My personal experiences running the SABDDI stomp box into the f/x return on the Carvin went without a hitch. The box was not lacking in signal strength at all, your mileage may vary.

The RBI has some cool features the box does not have (mid control, etc), but you'll need to decide if you want to cough up the extra $$$ for it.

I don't have any experience with the MXR-80, but it is a similar product to the Sans Amp stomp box. The MXR appears to have a more versatile control scheme, though I don't know how it measures up sound-wise.

Check out this link...

SABDDI vs. MXR-80

The review at the top actually compares these two units to one another.