SansAmp Bass DI question....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by screamingdaisy, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Are you guys using this souly as a DI into the mixer, or are you guys using is as a distortion pedal into your amp?

Or, are you using it some other way?

Please explain. :)
  2. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Fife, WA
    I use it in church, pretty much to warm up my Kubicki and fretless Jazz (it's a pretty bright sounding room) and, while I have used it for distortion/overfdrive in the past, I feel it works best as a DI. IMHO, that is...
  3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I use it for DI and for "the sound".
  4. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Clean boost here.
  5. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    im using the bassman preset, the svt preset, and the "distorted bass" preset with the drive up more and the treble down. not currently using the DI feature.
  6. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    As a DI that adds a bit of extra warmth and thickness to my sound.

7. As a "warm" DI and, together with my Boss DSD3, in the Effects Loop of my amp. Wouldn't be without it. ;)
  8. atoni

Jan 23, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    Endorsing Artist: Salo Guitars
    I use it mainly as DI to house PA with my own rig. But if there's some kind of Hartke, for example, as common backline for every band, and I'm not bringing my own rig, then I plug it also to the amp too.
  9. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    I've used mine in pretty much every way that I can: overdrive box, cab modeler to drive a PA, passive DI, Active DI (set flat), an active buffer/driver for matching a bass with a soundcard, as well as using it on guittar and keyboards... I'm currently using it on the front end of my effects chain. I had never used it like that before but it sounds really good in this application.