1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SansAmp Bass DI with Velcro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Slpbass81, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Slpbass81

Slpbass81

Dec 16, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Endorsing: GHS Strings
    Have any other bass owners put velcro on the bottom of their SansAmp Bass DI pedals? If so did you remove the rubber feet or leave them on? I am not sure if the velcro would stick without the feet since the battery cover sticks out. Let me know how it worked for you.

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Not really specific to a SansAmp, but I'll attempt to leave the feet on and see how it works. If the pedal doesn't stay put the feet come off.

I'm pretty sure the feet on my VT Bass DI are still on it.

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I rip the rubber legs off of everything and use 3M DualLock to secure them on my pedal board...when necessary. The 3M stuff has a fairly high profile, unlike Velcro, and may "grab" with the bumpers in place.

Riis

IGotGas likes this.
  4. Ritchie_Darling

Ritchie_Darling Bass @ AZ Supporting Member

May 22, 2006
    Arizona
    Impulse buyer...
    Velcro on the bottom. Rubber feet left in place.

5. IGotGas

IGotGas Cajun Rocker

Sep 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I rip ALL of the rubber feet off and Velcro the bottoms.

6. Sometimes velcro will stick to the rubber feet. It just depends on what kind of rubber they used. That is, obviously, the easiest solution when it works.

7. BrianToska

BrianToska

Jan 14, 2013
    Houston, TX
    On my sansamp I took the feet and the plastic battery compartment over off.

8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I use a small pedal board; I drill holes on both sides of each pedal and use a long, big-ass cable tie to go through the board and around the pedal to secure it. NEVER AGAIN will they move!!!!

9. Slpbass81

Slpbass81

Dec 16, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Endorsing: GHS Strings
    What did you cover the battery with? I keep a battery in mine for a backup if the power unit goes out.

I want to do that but I switch out my wireless unit for different gigs and add pedals for other groups.

10. BrianToska

BrianToska

Jan 14, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I just placed the Velcro over the battery hole. I don't use a battery, I only use AC power via my one spot and daisy chain.

11. dStar

dStar

Mar 1, 2012
    Feet on, 3M DualLock.

D0rk1n likes this.
  12. SlappaDBass

SlappaDBass

Aug 12, 2011
    Removed the rubber and the battery casing. Added extra glue to the bottom and stuck it in with the velcro for firm hold.

13. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    I took the rubber feet off of mine. I have the BDDI velcro'd inside our rack box for PA because I have my wireless and rack tuner in that box and I run ampless. I also just power the BDDI with phantom power. That's a really handy extra in my book. One less adapter to deal with.

14. bstringrandy

bstringrandy Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    +1 to this. I also removed the feet and battery cover then covered the battery hole with Velcro. The cover and feet went into the neat sansamp tin for safekeeping. I also power everything with a one spot and daisy chain cable.