Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sansamp bass di

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by markG, Jul 15, 2001.

1. markG

markG

May 26, 2000
    When you run direct with your sansamp but are also using your amp, where should you put the sansamp? Should i keep it Bass>sansamp>amp like I usually do? Or should it go in the effects loop?

Thanks

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    if i remember correct the bassdriver has three output two 1/4 and a xlr output.
    from their website:

[​IMG]

"For studio and live applications, SansAmp Bass Driver DI is engineered with three outputs: an effected XLR, and effected 1/4", and a parallel, uneffected 1/4". The footswitch activates the Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry. Disengaging the circuitry enables you to use SansAmp Bass Driver DI as a standard active transparent direct box. "

im ny opinion:
    you can connect the sansamp with your amp through the normal output and go to the mix with the xlr output or in alternative tou could split the signal from the 1/4 effected output with a split box. in this case i still prefer to go bass sansamp amp without the effect loop.
    good luck