sansamp bass di

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by gruffpuppy, Nov 5, 2000.

1. hello, i have been doing digital recording with a friend of mine. i have a roland amp that i plug into the recorder, it sounds ok but still kind of dry. will the purchase of a sansamp be a good investment to solve this problem.
    i won't be using it live so my intrest is for recording only
    also is there another product that would be better for this
  2. biscuit

Mar 6, 2000
    Virginia, USA
    I have used the Sansamp bass DI to go direct to the board when playing live because it sounded better than the direct out from my SWR head. The Sansamp tone was better tailored to the full range PA speakers. I believe this piece of gear would give you a great sound for recording direct; however, it will only give you one sound. The Line6 Bass POD will give you several amp and cab models to choose from and it may be a better choice for you. The Bass POD is not as easy to use as the Sansamp but there are some very good sounds in there.

I hope this helps.
  3. Rumblin' Man

Rumblin' Man Banned

Apr 27, 2000
    Route 66
    I use the Sans Amp Bass Driver DI and I find it's not a one trick pony at all. I mostly use it live into the PA but it's very friendly in the studio as well. I can get a very credible B-15, Bassman, and suprisingly enough, a great SVT tone. I don't leave home without it. In fact, I use it so much that I have a second as backup.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    One is good. Two is twice as better.

I only have one, but I back it up with the Acoustic DI, which is just as cool, but doesn't get the press.

[Edited by Munjibunga on 11-14-2000 at 11:25 PM]
  5. jambass

Mar 23, 2000
    I have a question for sansamp DI users.I am thinking of returning to my old band,they use in ear monitors,and use a sansamp bass DI into the board and into ear piece(no stage amp)They claim it works great live,I have practiced with this set up once and it was crystal clear it sounded like you listening to a board tape(wich in fact you are)what do you guys think? no amp!?!?
  6. Whatever works for you is cool! I personally prefer an amp because I like to "feel" my playing, but I've never used one of those in ear monitors either. I also like the versatility of changing the mix I hear, by moving to diffrent parts of the closer or farther from my amp. If I had a board mix in my ear, I would want to be louder than the other instruments.....unless you all get seperate mixes, you couldn't do that. But if it works for you, you can get a great tone with just a SansAmp.