Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp Bass Driver DI or RBI?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cetera, Jul 13, 2004.

1. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Sorry if this has been asked a million times before... :bag:

I'm considering getting one or other of the above.

Although my gear is racked I'm quite willing to go with the BDDI for it's portability and the fact I can just take it & plug it in to anything wherever I go. As far as I can see the only big advantage of the RBI is that it has a dedicated 'Mid' control. Is there anything else that really makes it worth so much more money? :confused:

Does the 'mid' control make that much difference and is there any other discernible difference in the quality of the products/sound?

Thanks!

Gary :bassist:

2. I've used the DI for years. Got the RBI 10 days ago, don't need the DI anymore :D

3. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    It's more designed to push a poweramp and has a few extra outputs I believe. I actually prefer the simplicity of the stompbox version, but both are great.

4. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i have the stomp box version. that is all i need. it sits in front of my Ampeg preamp in the signal chain when i am playing, but i can also plug it into my PC to get a great recorded tone with out messing with a rack system.

so do you want the extra features or portability? thats really the question you have to ask yourself.

5. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    IN front of your Ampeg pre-amp? So you go direct from your bass into the BDDI and then into the front end of your Ampeg?

I've got an SVTIII Prom and was expecting to put it into the Effects Return/Power Amp In.... :confused:

6. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    yeah, my pre doesnt have an effects loop. sometimes i place after the pre to get a little more power into my power amp. if you have an effects loop give that a shot. but the pedal has a blend knob which allows you to mix in the amount of emulation that you want.

7. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    I've got the BDDI. Since I bought it, I have never been anywhere I couldn't get great tone from that one piece of gear. Into the PA, into an amp, doesn't matter. Awesome piece.