Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp Bass Driver DI vs. ULTRAFEX PRO EX3200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by until.tomorrow, May 16, 2004.

1. until.tomorrow

until.tomorrow Guest

May 5, 2003
    US - Milwaukee
    I don’t know if I’m comparing apples to oranges while making this decision but here we go.
    Currently in my rack I have an Ultrafex Pro EX3200 connected to my GK1001 with hopes to even out my tone of the notes higher up on the neck. I used to do the setup of going from the effects channel on the GK, to channel one of the U.P.EX3200, and then back to the effects on the GK from the output channel two of the U.P.EX3200. This worked great until during a show my bass just went out and lost all volume. During practice the next day the problem persisted and I found it to be that connection type. Now I just use channel one of the U.P.EX3200.

Back to my main question, is this Sansamp Bass Driver DI comparable to the Behringer? From what I wanted to do with my tone, (bring out the lows while not loosing the color of the higher notes) could the Sansamp be a better choice? Maybe I just need to fool around with the Behringer more but it seems like the Sansamp would be easier/quicker to “adjust” to the room at shows.

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The sansamp is an tubeamp and cab emulator like an analog POD.
    That Behringer is a psychoacoustics low and high enhancer like the Aphex 204 or 1402. link