Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp Bass Driver DI - Wow !!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Turlu, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Hi,

I played my first gig last night with the SansAmp.

Wow !!! It`s an excellent piece of equipment that offers such a Fat and rich sound !!!

Just using the Sansamp in the PA is perfect. The soundman had no trouble finding the right setting for the Bass sound.

I received it without the manual. CAN SOMEONE OUTTHERE E-MAIL ME THE MANUAL SO I CAN SEE THE SANSAMP PROPOSED SETTINGS, IF POSSIBLE?
    I WOULD REALLY APPRECISTE THAT.

Please e-mail or post on Talk Bass.
    Thanks in advance !!!

2. Now I see why your selling your Boss ODB!

3. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Turlu, if someone does email the manual to you, do you think you could email to me? I bought my SansAmp at a pawn shop, so I've just been experimenting. I do love the pedal, however. It is amazing how much better my bass sounds with it. Thanks!

4. Turlu: I just sent you the sample settings for the Bass Driver. Monkey yours are on the way.

5. robot

robot

Feb 29, 2000
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hi,

I'm happy to see a favorable review of this DI, as I think Tech 21 makes studio quality equipment for a practical price.

I would suggest going contacting Tech 21 directly at
    tech21nyc.com and asking for the manual. I have found their customer support to be responsive and friendly in regards to applications of their equiment ( I own a Trademark 60 guitar amp).

Tech 21 also makes a new bass wedge monitor that would be compatible with the bass DI, but I have read anything about them, yet.

Cheers,

6. anyone interested in the manual, give me a mail at kok-r@tebenet.nl

I have it zipped.

7. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Thanks, Russ!!!

8. noise

noise Guest

Oct 23, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Just out of curiosity, can someone compare the Bass Driver DI to the RBI? The website talks about the RBI being a rack-mounted DI, but one never knows... ;)

9. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I haven't played though one yet,but Bass Player had a little blurb about it;apparently the same as the stomp box with the addition of a mid control.Personally,I have the stomp version and I wouldn't want to give up the footswitch 'cause much as I like it,it's not the sound I want for some things.