SansAmp Bass Driver DI

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by d_squad54, Jan 16, 2006.

1. d_squad54

Dec 2, 2005
    I was looking for something to record my Bass guitar with. I have heard this works pretty good and can be used for more then just recording. What do you guys think, any other suggestions? If anyone has a recording example from using this equipment please post a link or we can work out a way of sending it to me, would love to hear it. Thanks, peace.
  2. any preamp will work fine, or even just a DI Box or the lineout of your amp if you want. You just need something to boost the signal before feeding it into the recording device
  3. idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'd suggest Tech 21's website - most of their sound samples are basically just a DI to the desk.
  4. iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I think if you did a simple search on your subject you would find a s**tload of info, 'cause the SABDDI is discussed here A LOT.
  5. I've had a Sansamp RBI for 18 months and just bought a Zoom B2.1u. The Zoom rules, I would go for a B2 before a Sansamp. Much more versatile and just as easy to use if not more so. It has a usb out for recording and works well live on the stage.
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Here's a link to a thread that has some sound clips I recorded with the Sansamp. It might help because it's not the normal tone associated with the Sansamp, i.e., the overdriven, tubey sound. If you futz with the Blend knob, you can get some good clean sounds like the one in my clips.