1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SansAmp Bass Driver DI?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rasrick, Mar 4, 2008.

1. I just was given one of these. Absolutely never had any playing time on one. I don't have a clue where to start with it. I'm going to run it into a Bassman 250/210. Anything I should not do? aside from the obvious. I will avoid the popping for sure. I guess I just want to know what this thing could do to my amp without me knowing. Anybody?

2. Plug it in, turn knobs, it will probably sound great! You can't really hurt anything. Set the Eq flat (12 o'clock) and mess with the dirt until you get a sound you like.

3. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Go to the Tech 21 website. I think they used to post the owners manual
    info there. You have a great little box there friend. I own one and I love it.

4. playibanez

playibanez

Apr 3, 2006
    U.S.
    set flat.

blend at around half to three fourths. and put in as much drive/presence as you like.

i liked mine with bass boosted a little and treble cut sliiiighty.

great pedal, im not going to lie i miss it. enjoy!

5. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    +1

Those are almost my identical settings. From my experience, the BDDI sounds great as just a preamp. I didn't get it to be as useful for a distortion effect or in conjunction with another preamp. Mine is always in use and always in use with either a 12x6L6 or 6x6550 power section. :bassist:

6. I used it, It's the best box I've ever heard. I am astounded by this little thing.

7. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI

Agreed! I'm recording right now and the SABDDI is the only thing in my signal chain. It sounds fantastic! It really brings my bass to life.