1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sansamp bass driver distortion setting

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nrs7six, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Hey all, i have just got hold of the programmable version of the bddi. Has anyone got any suggestions for heavy distortion (not fuzz) settings? Also, any setings with a nice grind to them. Cannot get the distortion to sound to my liking! loving the pedal otherwise though.

Cheers all!

2. skrowl

skrowl

Aug 2, 2005
    I got a really nice grindy sound when i started from the "yes" preset, and moddified it from there! The presets are a good place to start from theres a distortion preset as well.
    Took me a good few hours to get to grips with mine properly (damn good fun)

3. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    The (P)BBDI doesn't do heavy distortion, it's a tube emulation preamp/DI. You'll have to look to other pedals for the heavy stuff.

4. Hey, thanks but what is the 'yes' preset? It's not on my list unless it's under a different name.

5. Oh, ok. I'm sure i've seen posts on here saying that people get really nice distortion out of it?

6. you can get a nice grind outta it.

I pretty much worked with the "SVT" setting and editted it to be drivey. i think - bass at 1, treble 11 - drive at like 2/3, presence - bout 1/2 and blended full.

I think.

I didnt use it for hardcore distortion (got a guv'nor for that purpose) - but i did add some dirt to my clean tone.

7. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
  8. Richard747

Richard747

Jul 5, 2009
    yeah same, theres no presets in the manual called 'yes':meh:

9. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    I think he means the Crimson Style setting.

10. shineofleo

shineofleo

Jun 8, 2009
    I have one. No, it is not a {heavy} overdrive/distortion box. I tried several times, but no good.