Sansamp Bass Driver question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by iceblinko, Feb 3, 2004.

1. iceblinko

Jul 15, 2003
    hey all. I'm just wondering what settings people use on this pedal. I'm having trouble finding a warm, punchy tube sound that doesn't sound too compressed.

i'm going to have to rely on it pretty soon because my band is touring europe this spring and i can't bring my good ole SVT cab. grrrrr. so if I could get a sound anything close to my svt sound, that would be amazing! note: i don't think the sample SVT setting in the book comes close really.

I also want to keep some mids. Since there's no mids on the pedal, I guess the best way would be to turn the blend down and the mids up on the amp? someone help!

2. My current settings;

Blend - Full, Treble - 12:00, Bass - 12:30, Drive - 3:00, Presence - 3:00

That's what works best for me.
  3. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    When playing my fretted six string, I tend to have it set at

Blend: Full
    Treble: 14:00
    Bass: 14:00
    Presence: 10:00
    Drive: 14:00

I also adjust the level so that the bypass volume is about the same as with the preamp engaged. Those settings aren't absolute though - I do tweak them to what sounds good on the day.

4. GrooveSlave

Mar 20, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I'm using mine more as an overdrive for just a bit of an edge/volume boost into my Demeter pre.

I have volume set to just be slightly louder when engaged, blend at about 9 o'clock, Bass - flat, treble: 1 o'clock, drive: 2 o'clock, presence: boosted just slightly.

This gives just a bit more bass and grind to the tone. It's cool that the harder I play the more grind I get.

I mostly bypass the BDDI and use it for flavor. I'm still experimenting with it as a DI alone without my rack for practice situations. (less gear to haul).