1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sansamp Bass Driver question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by iceblinko, Feb 3, 2004.

1. iceblinko

iceblinko

Jul 15, 2003
    Ny
    hey all. I'm just wondering what settings people use on this pedal. I'm having trouble finding a warm, punchy tube sound that doesn't sound too compressed.

i'm going to have to rely on it pretty soon because my band is touring europe this spring and i can't bring my good ole SVT cab. grrrrr. so if I could get a sound anything close to my svt sound, that would be amazing! note: i don't think the sample SVT setting in the book comes close really.

I also want to keep some mids. Since there's no mids on the pedal, I guess the best way would be to turn the blend down and the mids up on the amp? someone help!

--tommy

2. My current settings;

Blend - Full, Treble - 12:00, Bass - 12:30, Drive - 3:00, Presence - 3:00

That's what works best for me.

3. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    When playing my fretted six string, I tend to have it set at

Blend: Full
    Treble: 14:00
    Bass: 14:00
    Presence: 10:00
    Drive: 14:00

I also adjust the level so that the bypass volume is about the same as with the preamp engaged. Those settings aren't absolute though - I do tweak them to what sounds good on the day.

Wulf

4. GrooveSlave

GrooveSlave

Mar 20, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I'm using mine more as an overdrive for just a bit of an edge/volume boost into my Demeter pre.

I have volume set to just be slightly louder when engaged, blend at about 9 o'clock, Bass - flat, treble: 1 o'clock, drive: 2 o'clock, presence: boosted just slightly.

This gives just a bit more bass and grind to the tone. It's cool that the harder I play the more grind I get.

I mostly bypass the BDDI and use it for flavor. I'm still experimenting with it as a DI alone without my rack for practice situations. (less gear to haul).