Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp bass driver sounds

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cristo, Aug 25, 2005.

1. I'm not sure if there exists another piece of gear that gets the (almost) universal good reviews as this thing!

It seems like only 1 in 100 people don't rave about how great and indispensable it is, how they wish they always had it, or would sell their entire setup before getting rid of it.

So, I've been thinking of getting one of these, but I have not had the opportunity to try it out myself. I'm thinking of using it as a preamp, with the added benefit of having a decent DI when I'm somewhere where the soundguy has some old piece of crap.

Does anyone have some A/B sound samples of it?

I can find the "standard" sound samples of the unit itself - but I also need to hear the same bass, playing the same part, through the same setup, WITHOUT the Sansamp to know what the heck it is really doing to the sound. You know, before and after, not just after.

I'm almost ready to spring for one just based on the endless rave reviews, but...

2. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    That really doesn't help. I disagree with the way Basstasters does it's clips. Using the same Grooves/Slap/Chords is a great idea, but they never do an A/B, like he was asking for. And since they don't always use the same basses, you never know exactly how it is coloring the sound.

I too would like to hear some A/Bed Sansamp BDDI sound clips.

-Eric.

EDIT: I haven't heard ANY samples of the new programmable in use. I'd love to hear someone switching between 3 different settings in one clip.

3. What he said!

Come on all you SABDDI worshippers - and I know you're out there - fork over some A/B sound clips! :)