Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp Bass Driver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Jan 2, 2005.

1. There's one on Ebay now for about £64. Should I buy it?

2. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    You want it? :D

3. I do like the look of it...............the guy says he's selling it cuz it's a christmas gift, but it's a duplicate, does that mean it's a fake or does that mean he got 2 for christmas?

4. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Not sure there are any 'fake' ones. Do you have a link?

5. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Looks good, the sansamps rule, and would help get the whole rock vibe going. (Not that you NEED it *Ashdown*)

Bare in mind that it will go up a lot in 5 days.

6. Well, I'm gonna wtach it. If I have Warwick+Sansamp+Ashdown, I should have enough growl........

7. rluk

rluk

Nov 4, 2004
    Tallinn, Estonia
    I have seen russian copies of sansamp gt2, which
    were really crappy. I m sure this is not the case
    here, but just to let you know that there are sansamp copies :D

8. O crap, i dunno whether to buy it or not now.

9. I bought mine 2 years ago for £160 from the Bass Centre in Birmingham and, since then, I have never gigged, rehearsed or recorded without it. It is one of those things that, once you have it, you wonder how you ever managed before.

I too use Warwick/Ashdown/SansAmpBassDriver and I find it to be an absolute killer combination. Cannot recommend it highly enough AND it seems to be ultra popular with sound engineers for it's quiet and reliable D.I. capability.

I would say buy it (or at least buy one from somewhere) - I cannot see how you could regret it!! ;) ;) ;)

10. Will it get me that nice warwick+tube growl im after? Really throaty, farty growl?

11. Given a little experimentation, most definitely YES :) :)

The ONLY downside I have encountered is that, being analogue, there is no way to store settings and, as the rotary controls are INCREDIBLY sensitive, it is sometimes a bit of a chore to "re-find" a setting which you particularly like. It is worth the trouble though :smug: :smug:

12. I write most things down on paper, so I never forget settings. I think i'm gonna buy it. Hopefully it'll get my spectors some farty growl too.

13. Good luck - I'm sure you'll love it. :D :D :D

14. I just need to get my dad to give me a small loan, and it'll be mine.

15. So, how are you enjoying the SansAmp?

16. Hmmm, I can't seem to get that farty burpy tone i'm after. It's giving me a more grindy tone. I can;t figure out how to get it to give me a deep down burpy tone. Any ideas?