Sansamp Bass Driver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Jan 2, 2005.

1. There's one on Ebay now for about £64. Should I buy it?
  2. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    You want it? :D
  3. I do like the look of it...............the guy says he's selling it cuz it's a christmas gift, but it's a duplicate, does that mean it's a fake or does that mean he got 2 for christmas?
  4. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Not sure there are any 'fake' ones. Do you have a link?
  5. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Looks good, the sansamps rule, and would help get the whole rock vibe going. (Not that you NEED it *Ashdown*)

Bare in mind that it will go up a lot in 5 days.
  6. Well, I'm gonna wtach it. If I have Warwick+Sansamp+Ashdown, I should have enough growl........
  7. rluk

Nov 4, 2004
    Tallinn, Estonia
    I have seen russian copies of sansamp gt2, which
    were really crappy. I m sure this is not the case
    here, but just to let you know that there are sansamp copies :D
  8. O crap, i dunno whether to buy it or not now.
  9. I bought mine 2 years ago for £160 from the Bass Centre in Birmingham and, since then, I have never gigged, rehearsed or recorded without it. It is one of those things that, once you have it, you wonder how you ever managed before.

I too use Warwick/Ashdown/SansAmpBassDriver and I find it to be an absolute killer combination. Cannot recommend it highly enough AND it seems to be ultra popular with sound engineers for it's quiet and reliable D.I. capability.

I would say buy it (or at least buy one from somewhere) - I cannot see how you could regret it!! ;) ;) ;)
  10. Will it get me that nice warwick+tube growl im after? Really throaty, farty growl?
  11. Given a little experimentation, most definitely YES :) :)

The ONLY downside I have encountered is that, being analogue, there is no way to store settings and, as the rotary controls are INCREDIBLY sensitive, it is sometimes a bit of a chore to "re-find" a setting which you particularly like. It is worth the trouble though :smug: :smug:
  12. I write most things down on paper, so I never forget settings. I think i'm gonna buy it. Hopefully it'll get my spectors some farty growl too.
  13. Good luck - I'm sure you'll love it. :D :D :D
  14. I just need to get my dad to give me a small loan, and it'll be mine.
  15. So, how are you enjoying the SansAmp?
  16. Hmmm, I can't seem to get that farty burpy tone i'm after. It's giving me a more grindy tone. I can;t figure out how to get it to give me a deep down burpy tone. Any ideas?