1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp Bass Driver?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anthowl, Feb 28, 2008.

1. peoples views on the Sansamp Bassdriver as a pedal?

what's better?

2. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    have you done a search?

3. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Victortia? Tidy that up, man :)

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    As a pedal it conforms quite well to the standard. It's short and wide, doesn't wobble or smoosh when you step on it, and it has switches conveniently placed for activation by foot.

Search on "sansamp", "driver", or the more commonly-used acronyms "bddi" and "sabddi".

5. it does not, however, work very well as a bicycle pedal. :mad:

6. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Really? Have you tried it? What kind of bike? I would think it would be ok, with some mods, for say a beach bike but pretty bad for a racing bike.
    I think it works fairly well as a GAS pedal.

7. funnily enough the most help i got out of peoples posts here was that guy who told me i made a spelling mistake on my state...who the hell was looking!?

and essentialy what i meant was about bass overdrive? theres lots of yuck out there, anybody know anything good?

8. I looked! Now I feel like chastising you for not capitalising!

Man, the thing is, there's like 487 bazillion threads a week about the bloody sansamp bass driver and frankly I think we are all sick to death of talking about it. All the regulars here have already posted their opinion about the bloody thing and you'll find them all if you just do a search.

9. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    OK, I have no first hand experience with the BDDI but I've been curious for quite a while. I've heard sound clips of clean settings that I really liked. For OD I think it's ok for subtle. It has a reputation for cutting mids which some people don't like. Others say that judicious eq tweaking (as well as the blend knob) can preserve the mids, still others say that said tweaking involves rolling back the bass and treble which requires the volume to be turned up and hence the noise level. I think it may also depend on your other equipment, my stingray copy through an Eden 112 cab can handle a little mid scoop but maybe some rigs don't get along with that. I use a model of the sansamp on my Zoom B2 that sounds pretty good but I understand that the eq on the real BDDI is interactive and quite different from that on the B2. So, I've been looking for an opportunity to test drive a BDDI.

10. If you do have the extra money and want to keep your mids, you can opt for the Sansamp RBI rack mount version.
    It has a mid knob, and an actual preamp tube :D

but the down side is that it is like $150[usd] more than the pedal.

I use the pedal, and it took me a while to be happy with it, but now I don't play with out it.