Sansamp Bassdriver vs. MXR M-80

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Scumbass, Feb 11, 2002.

1. I have owned the sansamp for several months, and am very pleased with it. However, I recently read about the MXR M-80 DI/Dist. I was wondering if any of you out there have tried the MXR, and what do you think of it?
  2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Do a search. It's been discussed before. The results:

It is ok, but for around the same price the Tech 21 SansAmp BDDI is better. Kinda some mystery around this.

BigFeet, this might be a thread to close to avoid a ton of "What's this disto like?" threads again.
  3. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    I've got the MXR M-80 and I like it. Unfortunately i haven't been able to hear the SABDDI to make a comparison. I use mine with a good bit of gain on the distortion channel and just blend it a bit for little extra grit and grind. I agree with the Bass Player review, I give it a "5" on sound. It's very versatile. I can't wait to use it on my next "direct" gig. Don't ask me to describe the distortion as I don't know distortion from overdrive or fuzz. I know I like the features and loved the price, $115 from AMS. I'm still learning how to use it. Tonight I improvised and used it direct with guitar, actually got a couple of compliments there as well. You rpobably can't go wrong with either product, I just wanted to try the NKOTB and the lower price.