SansAmp BDDI and effects order

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by suicas, Jun 24, 2004.

1. suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    For those of you that use the SansAmp BDDI..

I've noticed that the SABDDI manual recommends placing it at the front of the effects chain.

Yet on just about every single pedal board posted to this group, I've found it placed last on the effects chain.

Just curious as to why..
  2. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I noticed this also.
    I'm guessing that the instruction manual says this either because someone at tech21 is assuming that a bassist won't be going to nuts effectswise, or because of the increased buzzing in activating the BDDI after a bunch of other noisy gems- at least in my set-up anyway.

If you do run the sansamp first then there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of sense in using it as your DI as, obviously the rest of your fx won't be running through the PA.

Any other ideas?
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  4. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I will be using my SABDDI last in my chain, and it will always be on... I am not going to use the drive at all - in fact it will be turned all the way off... And I have 20 pedals in my signal chain... So it better work... :)

5. suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    Ah yes, forgot about using it as a DI (it does so much else!).

I must admit I also usually have it at the end of my signal chain, mostly so that I can add drive to any other effects I use.