1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp BDDI & headphones?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BillMason, Jan 28, 2008.

1. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    I have one of these that I am selling, and a prospective buyer asked if it could be used with headphones. I don't have any phones with a 1/4" jack to try it out - does anyone know if that is possible? I supposed it could, but want to check to make sure first.

2. 1954bassman

1954bassman

Jun 7, 2004
    Hickory, NC
    Bill, I just tried it for you:

Very low volume

Only came through one side

I used my G&L L2500, even engaged the preamp.

You would probably have to have a headphone amp, or a small mixer to get usable volume

Mark

3. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Thanks Mark!

4. True, that.

If you have a mono->stereo adapter, you´ll be able to hear it on both sides, but the volume´s just not there.

Speaking of G&L, mine (in active mode, of course) is actually louder with the headphones plugged into the bass directly. :eek:

Lots of effect pedals are loud enough for headphone use, but not the BDDI.

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

It's not meant to be used this way.
    There are decent headphones amps available for cheap.

6. I recommend buying a cheap mixer that has phantom power for this use. Then you would not only have a headphone amp, you'd be able to pipe in practice music as well.

7. i got a used headphone amp for this exact thing. works great but now im really deaf

8. Callum27

Callum27

Aug 12, 2007
    berkshire, uk
    Mine works fine with headphones :)

9. insert "my" between "with" and "headphones"! :smug:

Headphones come in different impedances, just like speakers do. Low impedance phones will work in this situation better than higher impedance ones.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021