1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sansamp bddi issue.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JonnyTilFriday, Dec 10, 2011.

1. JonnyTilFriday

JonnyTilFriday

Dec 10, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I recently bought a sansamp bddi to replace the behringer BD21 in my effects chain and i'm having issues with it.

Basically the pedal doesn't seem to be working when it's switched on. None of the dials seem to work either.

I'm running it after the tuner but before the compressor in my chain, could this be the issue? I'm also using a 9v power supply rather than a battery and the switches are set to ground power rather than phantom power and line rather than xlr.

Has anyone else had problems with this unit? I really don't want to send it back just yet.

Thanks

2. jmbjandfam

jmbjandfam Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Foxfire Village N.C.
    When I ran a pedal board, I ran mine after the compressor but I'm not sure that would be why it's not working. When you press the silver button, does the red light turn on?

3. JonnyTilFriday

JonnyTilFriday

Dec 10, 2011
    Yeah the light switches on but the volume cuts to almost nothing. The level and drive dials don't seem to do anything neither does the EQ on it. I'll try running it after the compressor and see what happens. Thanks

4. jmbjandfam

jmbjandfam Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Foxfire Village N.C.
    If it comes on and the volume lowers, you may have it set to mic output vs. line level output. Maybe check that as well?

5. JonnyTilFriday

JonnyTilFriday

Dec 10, 2011
    I've tried both settings but I'll keep at it and see because I wouldn't like to think I've been sent a faulty unit.

6. I would say you got a bum unit! real test is turn the gain and presence know full bore it will be nosier then a freight train if it's working if it's not you got a bum unit.

7. JonnyTilFriday

JonnyTilFriday

Dec 10, 2011
    I'm kind of hoping that's not the case because I've heard so many good things about this pedal.

8. They are pretty great. If you got it new I'm sure you can return it. If it's used I don't know what to tell ya. How much you pay for it?

9. If you set the level, bass, treble and presence controls at 12:00, and the blend and drive all the way to the left, it should give you pretty much an un-effected signal, i.e. it should sound the same as your bass without the pedal in the chain at all. If it doesn't do that, and you have it connected properly, I'd suspect there's something wrong with it. If the level is anywhere about 9:00, it should definitely be audible, whatever the other settings are.

10. JonnyTilFriday

JonnyTilFriday

Dec 10, 2011
    £169 from Digital Village. Brand new in the packaging so I definitely can return it which is nice I guess.

11. Do it and look into getting a Para-Driver DI you won't be sorry in that!

12. moles

moles

Jan 24, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    Are you connected to the correct output? I can't remember what it was called, but there is a parallel dry out on it as well...

13. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    The parallel out should give you a bypassed signal which is the same level as when the pedal is off. Does that work on yours?

14. churchy

churchy

Sep 21, 2010
    Hi...
    I ordered a Sansamp BDDI last week. When it arrived I had the same issue as you; no output from the unit. I thought I might be overlooking something, but to be fair its not that complicated, so I sent it back and got a replacement. New unit worked straight away (and sounds great!).
    One thing with my unit when it arrived was the metal box had some dents, so it looked liked it had been bounced off the floor at some point. I think they should bubble wrap the unit inside the metal box, especially for shipping.

15. JonnyTilFriday

JonnyTilFriday

Dec 10, 2011
    I'm sending it back myself. Collecting it on Thursday so I'll hopefully have it before my band starts recording again.

Slightly disappointed over this whole issue, emailed tech21 but no reply as yet. However Digital Village have been great so far.

16. groove pump

groove pump

Oct 24, 2006
    The only other potential culprit I can think of is maybe you've got a patch cord (maybe the one between you BDDI and your compressor) that's no good?

In any case, good luck with a solution.

17. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    It sounds like you might have been using the parallel output instead of the main out. This happens quite often. Every single unit is tested before it leaves the factory. While it is possible that it may be defective please double check that you have it hooked up correctly. Try only using the BDDI and no other pedals while troubleshooting?

You can also contact our tech support if you wish to speak with someone. TECH 21 - SUPPORT

18. JonnyTilFriday

JonnyTilFriday

Dec 10, 2011
    Having replaced my power supply, the issue is now fixed. Not sure what I was that was causing it, but since changing power supplies I've had no issues with it.

Thanks everyone for all the input.

19. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    Glad to hear you resolved the issue. Were you using a digital switching power supply? These are not recommended with our products.