Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp BDDI + ODB-3 = Hiss

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MonkeyWrench32, Nov 24, 2002.

1. When I use my SansAmp BDDI and my ODB-3 together I get a hissing sound. I've tried re-arranging the pedals and using the ODB-3 in the effects loop to no avail. Any suggestions?

2. I had a similar problem when i put my Overdrive and Chorus on the same adapter.. big-arse humming :(

added a seperate adapter for both pedals, and made sure there was plenty of space between the adapters.. problem done..

3. I'm running both on 9 volt batteries. :(

4. on the odb3 are the highs cranked?..is the gain cranked? what order are they in?..are the batteries fresh?...the f\x loop is intended for rack mount gear(unless there is a switch for +4\-10 operation) and pedals should go into the front of the amp..what are the settings on the SABDDI?...the odb3(or pretty much any disto.pedal) will produce a little noise,which will only get worse with more extreme settings...try starting from scratch and be subtle with the settings on the odb3 espically with the e.q. and gain controlls.I would put all the f\x before the SABDDI...hope this helps:)

5. yeah removing the boss overdrive will help since that pedal is nothing but noise.

6. Lotsa questions! :eek: :D

- I've tried messing with the knobs, but I can't really get a good overdrive without any hiss.
    - I've tried the ODB-3 before and after the SansAmp. No luck.
    - Batteries are very fresh.
    - I know the effects loop is for rack effects, but I gave it a shot anyway. :)
    - I've also tried messing with the knobs on the SABDDI, to no avail.

Each pedal sounds fine when they are hooked up individually, but when they are both on together, I get that hiss. I'll try messing with the settings some more.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! :)

7. do you like the boss? if not, get rid of it.I have one, and the more I use it the less I like it...it really is'nt a good dist. pedal and there are soooo many other choices.I'm currently lookin for a better dist. pedal.I'm not trashin your choice in pedals but there is better out there.maybe somethin you might want to consider if the noise is unacceptable

8. hmm, this is not good news for me. I just bought my sansamp and its going to be here in a few weeks and I also have the odb3. I wonder if ill have the same problem.

What do you guys think about the pro co rat pedal? any good, better then the odb-3?

9. Mad Pink, I would say the "sound" of the rat is better IMO,but I don't like the low end loss. but there is a solution....I just recently picked up a boss LS2 line selector(after reading all the posts here, it is a really useful tool) and it has an a+b mix mode so you can dial in your clean sound(to preserve lows) w\ your dist. sound..I'm gettin a big muff soon and thats how I'm runnin it...hope I did'nt bum anyone out about their ODB3.I just got bored and frustrated with the sound and the noise of that pedal...it's just me...

10. I've upgraded my amp to a Peavey TNT 115 and the hiss is drastically reduced. I guess it was just the crappy amp I had before. :)