Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp BDDI or Black Finger (apple or orange)?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NoNoise, Jun 4, 2005.

1. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I can only get one of these bad boys (Sansamp BDDI or EHX Black Finger), so I was wondering if I could get some opinions on which one I should get for now? I'll probably pick up the other later down the road. Thanks.

2. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    i only own the black finger and i can say i couldn't be happier with it! Is not only a compressor. You can use it as a preamp pretty much, so you have that tube flavour even when practicing at home with your small amp. You can get an overdrive out of it by turning the gain way up. You can get different types of compression, some fat ass compressions really dub sounding, to really brigth thin compressed sound and it always keeps your dynamics!. Some ppl say its noisy...well not mine.. i had some problems with it at the beginning but it was due to the shipping(i bought used on ebay). I don't find it noisy with the settings i use. If you turn up the gain a lot and the output control as well you'll get hiss but trust me by setting the pedal like that you'll pretty much clip your preamp the whole time even if you play extremly softly!

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i think they are pretty much apples and oranges but the do have some cross over similarities as the previous poster stated. both can be used as a preamp.

personally i have both and the black finger is the one i use on my pedal board. the BDDI is a great tool to take to recording sessions and live shows in case you need a DI that sounds good.

4. +1 for the SansAmp from me. :)