1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp BDDI question (a different one I hope)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jjhardy, Mar 17, 2009.

1. jjhardy

jjhardy

Mar 11, 2007
    I know that this pedal has a million threads on it, but I haven't seen any info to this question. As we all know, you can boost the mids by cutting the treble and bass, and cut the mids by boosting bass and treble. However, how is the midrange affected when you, say, cut or boost only one frequency, turn them in opposite directions, or turn them in the same direction to very different degrees?

2. The mids pretty much stay in the same place and you're moving the highs and lows around them. Once you've completed that then you're adjusting volume to make up for any changes you've made.

When you drop both the lows and highs, you're creating an effective mid bump by leaving them in place. Like being the guy that volunteers for a job because everyone else steps back.

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England