Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp BDDI+resetting the unit

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregjunior, Dec 21, 2005.

1. gregjunior

gregjunior

Sep 5, 2005
    Phoenix AZ
    Any owners of the Sansamp three channel programmable unit have any tips on adjusting the sounds? I find that this pedal worked ok when I originally bought it, but it seems that now when I have a sound I like, it does not seem to change at all when I adjust the settings. I know that its not in bypass mode.
    As a result, I try to reset it to the factory settings then adjust my sounds on each channel from there, but adding more drive or presence doesnt seem to do anything, even turning the gain know doesnt seem to do much. Getting the unit back to the original three settings seems to be a chore, as I have only been able to do this once.
    I do not have a battery in it, I am using a AC adaptor on it.
    I have attempted a search on line and here on talkbass, but havent come up with anything, so if any one has any tips or can point me to a good online reference, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

2. gregjunior

gregjunior

Sep 5, 2005
    Phoenix AZ
    Silly me....Well dont i look like the horses *ss.
    After a bit of fooloing around, I discovered the meaning of wet/dry on my effects loop. Well live and learn thanks anyways!!

3. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    :D
    Welcome to the horses *ss club!

4. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    am i the only one finding that the programmable just ain't got the mojo of the original stomp or the rbi?

5. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Yes. :p :bag:

6. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    In the manual it says that the 3 original settings are the ones that are described as "Fat Tube", "Flip Top" & "Distorted Bass".

But you can reset the whole machine by holding down the footsitches 1 and 3 and simultaneously powering up the unit (plugging in the adapter cable or plugging in a jack into the input)

As for factory sounds, I like all my sounds a bit "lighter" on the "Blend" pot.

I don't think this unit hasn't got the same MOJO as the original one. It is not just as "revolutionary".