Sansamp BDDI settings for DI Recording

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Would anyone like to share the settings they use if they are using this DI for recording? I tried the recommended SVT settings with my Precision w/flats and it was pretty awful. I found that it sounded much better with the Bass at 1 o'clock and the Presence rolled down to about 10 o'clock. Much fatter and the fret noise was reduced significantly.

I'm starting to use this for DI recording at a good studio so I wouldn't mind getting other examples to play around with. I may use this with a jazz bass as well.
  2. bassmatik

Oct 19, 2004
    level: full!
    blend: depends, either half way or full.
    treble: half way (flat) or 9 o' clock.
    bass:either half way (flat) or 1-2 o' clock.
    drive:half way or 1 o' clock or... full!
    presence:rolled down completely.

3. dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    with an active bass: first establish balance between bridge and neck pups using vol controls on the bass; set tone controls on the bass flat

bddi settings (#'s are clock positions):
    level: anywhere between 12 and full, depending desired gain (when recording, iset this for unity)
    blend: i tend to adjust this more than any other setting-- usually anywhere between 12 and full
    treble: 11
    bass: 1
    drive: set to allow things to being to break up a bit when i dig hard (usually about 1 or 2)
    presence: 11 to 1

i tend to adj the blend and presence settings to get the sound i'm after, leaving the others settings pretty much as shown above.