Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp BDDI settings for DI Recording

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Would anyone like to share the settings they use if they are using this DI for recording? I tried the recommended SVT settings with my Precision w/flats and it was pretty awful. I found that it sounded much better with the Bass at 1 o'clock and the Presence rolled down to about 10 o'clock. Much fatter and the fret noise was reduced significantly.

I'm starting to use this for DI recording at a good studio so I wouldn't mind getting other examples to play around with. I may use this with a jazz bass as well.

2. bassmatik

bassmatik

Oct 19, 2004
    level: full!
    blend: depends, either half way or full.
    treble: half way (flat) or 9 o' clock.
    bass:either half way (flat) or 1-2 o' clock.
    drive:half way or 1 o' clock or... full!
    presence:rolled down completely.

:cool:

COFlyingfingers likes this.
  3. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    with an active bass: first establish balance between bridge and neck pups using vol controls on the bass; set tone controls on the bass flat

bddi settings (#'s are clock positions):
    level: anywhere between 12 and full, depending desired gain (when recording, iset this for unity)
    blend: i tend to adjust this more than any other setting-- usually anywhere between 12 and full
    treble: 11
    bass: 1
    drive: set to allow things to being to break up a bit when i dig hard (usually about 1 or 2)
    presence: 11 to 1

i tend to adj the blend and presence settings to get the sound i'm after, leaving the others settings pretty much as shown above.