1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sansamp BDDI settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by function, Apr 25, 2006.

1. function

function

Sep 7, 2005
    I did a thorough search and could not find any info on this so...

I bought a used Sansamp Bass D.I. without a manual. I was wondering if anyone could post any of the suggested settings for different sounds (i.e. SVT, King Crimson, etc.). I know someone posted the ones for the Para Driver but they're a little different.

Thanks!

2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I didnt think any of the "tones" in the manual sounded like what they were supposed to, at least through my gear. You are probably best fooling around with it on your own.

With that said, you can find the manual on their web site.

3. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I agree, you just need to tweak the settings til you find what you like. You can probably find the manual on the Tech21's website. www.tech21nyc.com

Knowing what the knobs do can help when you play around with it. Bass & treble are obvious, blend mixes the signal you give the DI and the DI's own sound, drive is the gain, level is the master output and the presence is what gives you more definition (heavy attack vs smooth sounding).

4. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    One thing to note (and you'll see this in the manual, I think), is that boosting bass and treble cuts the mids at the same time. So to boost mids, you need to cut bass and treble, then boost the level. I'm sorta wishing I had the para driver, just so I had a dedicated mid. I play a lot of fretless, and the last thing I want is scooped mids. Actually that's about the last thing I want on a fretted bass, too ... never got into that scooped sound, personally ...

Good Luck,
    Liam

5. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    Function,
    If you search effects for (sabddi site) you'll come up
    with "my sansamp bddi site by TRISTAN" sorry i don't
    know how to link to it!!once you get there click on
    settings,I found this site very helpful with using my bddi

hope this helps

Larry

6. RwG

RwG

Mar 24, 2006
    orlando, fl
    with my G&L L2K i set it like this:

blend full on
    treble around 1 o'clock
    bass between 2 and 3 o'clock
    drive off or at 8 o'clock
    presence around 1 o'clock

7. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
  8. Does anyone have an Ampeg B-15N-like setting for the SABDDI? Is this sound remotely attainable from the SABDDI? Thanks! :confused:

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    The suggested settings sound a lot better (to me) if you put the blend knob at about half (12:00) instead of all the way to the right.

10. Early morning bump.

11. Prime Time bump.

12. B-15 SABDDI settings? Anyone? Can the unit do anything close to that sound? :help: