Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp BDDI vs RBI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andruca, Dec 20, 2004.

1. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Hi guys! My question is rather simple. I'm building my new preamp chain consisting of:

SansAmp RBI + Behringer PEQ2200 5-band parametric EQ + Etek Dynamagic multiband compressor

My question is, I have to drop an extra 150 EUR here in Europe and wait a month and a half more for having the RBI instead of a BDDI. And I know the only advantage is the added midrange control. I only tried the BDDI and loved it and as everywhere specs tell that the RBI is exactly the same but rackmounted and with the extra mid control I'm planning to buy it. But just the midrange control difference won't be an issue because I plan to shape tone via the PEQ2200. Questions are... do they sound exactly the same? Is there any other advantage I'm unaware of that justifies paying all the extra cash? What would you do in this case? Thanks everybody!

ANDRUCA

2. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    The RBI has a higher output for driving rack gear like poweramps. Im not sure wether that will be an issue in driving the eq. Sadly, thats all I can help you with. :D

3. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Thanks so much, in fact, that will be an issue for me, 'cause I plan on getting rid of my bass head and aquiring a crossover + power amp. Thanks so much! Any other advantage anyone?

ANDRUCA

4. Texx

Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    Germany
    I think the RBI has an effects loop and a seperate Level knob for the XLR out.