Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp BDDI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Yorkiebassist, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Hey guys, how should I set my Sansamp to get a less gritty distortion and more of a valvey 'break up' kinda tone? If that makes sense.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Lower Presence and adjust Drive as wished.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Judicious use of the Blend knob will help.

4. turn the blend knob down so its on about 25%, turn the bass up a bit past 12 oclock, and the treble down to just under 12oclock, turn the prescense down quite a bit, and the drive up a tad over 12oclock, maybe 1-2 ish, and it should be a bit better

Im going on how i remember using it, but, ive not used it in a couple weeks, and im not firing up my SVT at this time of night (11:55 pm over here) to figure out, sorry :p

5. glenn in NC

glenn in NC

Aug 18, 2005
    Speaking of SansAmp, I'm waiting on my third one to be delivered to me from AMS since last week.

#1 arrived packed in a large box with only a shred of bubble wrap thrown into the box. The SansAmp unit was able to bounce around inside the larger box.

I called customer service had, a new one sent to me and got an RA to send the old one back.

#2 arrived packed the exact same way. I haven't even opened the box. You can shake the box and feel the unit bouncing around inside. Called and raised cain about that one.

If #3 arrives in the same condition, that's it for me with AMS.

Frustrating!

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Did you even try the units out? Those things are built like little tanks.

7. glenn in NC

glenn in NC

Aug 18, 2005
    Nope, haven't tried them. I don't want to accept a poorly shipped item nor accept an inferior product that could have been damaged via shipping.

8. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    Seems to me that you don't want the SansAmp then....

I don't personally own one (yet) but it seems like half (if not more) of the people here on TB own or have owned one, and Trevorus isn't the first one to say "It's Built Like A Tank".

9. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    They are very hard to break. It's made of metal. I will try the said suggestions, thanks for those.

10. They are like tanks, im betting Tech21 is owned by peavey, only peavey makes things that crazily indestructable!

( i know they arent owned by peavey btw . . . )

11. glenn in NC

glenn in NC

Aug 18, 2005
    Seems to me that you don't want the SansAmp then....

I don't personally own one (yet) but it seems like half (if not more) of the people here on TB own or have owned one, and Trevorus isn't the first one to say "It's Built Like A Tank".

12. glenn in NC

glenn in NC

Aug 18, 2005
    That may be be the case, but I have the opinion that if one shells out $200 for a piece of new electronic equipment, it should be packed with some respect for the customer. I'd hate to think how they'd ship a Bass Pod XT Live given the two examples I've seen so far.

13. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    +1 on the indestructable comments. Mine looks like it was dropped out of a moving car on the highway, scratches and a big chunk out of one corner. Plus, I found out after a gig that a bottle of beer I sat down on my cabinet (and forgot about) had fallen over and spilled all over it. That was almost a year ago, and it still fires up.

14. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Everything I've ever ordered from AMS has been well protected with a ton of bubble wrap. Who knows, maybe there is some newbie working in the warehouse now or something.

Now, it's the packing habits of Musician's Friend I have a slight issue with. A lot of stuff I've ordered from them just came with a little bit of crumpled up brown paper as padding on one side of the box. Nothing's ever been damaged though.