Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp BDDI ???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kelu, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Kelu

Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    I'd like to have a tube preamp to have a better sound when I plug my bass directly on the mix table..
    SansAmp BDDI seems cool..
    How much it costs??
    The DI fonction really interest me.
    What other good stuff for the same fonction could you advise me??
    Thx

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I've got a SABDDI and am extremely happy with what it does for my sound - it's great as a tone shaper and also knowing that I've got a quality DI signal to send to the sound board even if I'm borrowing a cruddy amp at the venue for onstage monitoring.

Mine cost me (I think) £189, although I've seen them else where in stores for about £10 less.

It would be worth trying one if you can.

Wulf

3. Mine cost me 250 USD including shipping. It adds a certain oomph to the sound and can act as a preamp infront of any power amp and as a DI. Good stuff.

4. Kelu

Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    Is there same product than BDDI but in another entreprise? (eden? ebs? ...)

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The MXR M-80 is designed to be a direct competitor to the SABDDI. Isn't identical, but close enough.

6. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    The MXR M-80 is probably the unit I tried at the same time that I purchased my SABDDI. It seemed much more geared to adding overdrive / distortion rather than tubey warmth and so I decided the SABDDI was what I wanted.

Wulf