Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SansAmp+Compressor+Eden WT-400

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JefWes, Dec 5, 2002.

1. JefWes

JefWes

Jan 1, 2002
    I got my Sansamp RBI yesterday and am very happy with the results. The sound I'm getting it great...just the type of warmth(?) I've been looking for. I plugged the output of the RBI into the The Eden Aux in and when the Eden master volume is at the 9 o'clock position and the Sansamp master out is at the 11o'clock postion I have a HUGE amount of more volume without the Eden clip light activating than I had when I was just using the using the Eden preamp circuit. (Actually with the RBI, I was afraid to turn it up that much more to try to activate the clip light because the volume was incredibly loud.. much more louder than I've ever heard the Eden on it's own) Is the Eden clip light not in the same circuit as the Aux inputs? With the Eden preamp, as well as the RBI, the tone controls are set flat. (just sounds good to me that way) The real reason for this post is to figure out where my Compressor should be inserted. I have a Digitech Bass Squeeze which is a multiband compressor that works quite well and is quiet. Where should I insert the compressor in my signal chain for the best results? Right now I'm running the RBI into the Eden Aux in. I'm ordering a Carvin power amp so the Eden will be the power amp for the time being. I figure there are 3 options, between Bass guitar and RBI, between the RBI and the Eden Aux in, or in the RBI EFX loop. Anyone have any ideas/experience with this configuration

2. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    The RBI is the rack mountable BDDI? If it is are you shure you need more compresion? I hear enough compresion from my bddi. If you feel with your ears you need more put it at the front of your chain.

AJ

3. JefWes

JefWes

Jan 1, 2002
    I have the Sansamp RBI, which I wasn't aware had a compression circuit. (at least there aren't any controls for compression) Is the compression built into the RBI?

4. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    It doesnt have a knob but it deffinetly has that effect on the signal. When you crunch a tube amp it "comresses" the signal and its built to try to emulate that.

If you read the manual it say if you use a compressor you probally dont want to with this unit.

Aj

5. JefWes

JefWes

Jan 1, 2002
    thanks Andrew! I guess that solves my problem.