Sansamp DI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by walle, Mar 2, 2006.

1. walle

Mar 2, 2006
    Hello. I´m about to buy a Sansamp, i´m wondering if theres a diffrence in sound between bassdriver DI and the bassdriver DI programmable?
  2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    no difference. the prog. just lets you switch b/n your "programmed" settings. Go for the prog. if you can. i have owned the bass driver, para driver and prog. bass driver.

the problem with the bass drivers is that the only way to boost the mids to cut thru the mix better is to lower the bass and treble eq. I hate lowering the bass! the para driver solves the mid problem but then you cant "easily" switch your tones. i play fingers and pick and need to switch quickly b/n songs so the less knobs and buttons i have to deal with the better.

I just ordered a bass podxt. everything in one unit and even if i dont use 2/3 of the stuff its capable of, it still does the basics, but does them very well.
  3. I've never played through just the DI but everyone says the programmable is just like having three of them. I personally own the programable and it really warms up everything. It doesn't have a great over the top overdrive but you can get an overdrive/distortion pedal to correct that.

If it weren't just for the pure fact that I like to feel my rig behind me, I'd go "sans" amp everytime. I practically do anyways because I use both outputs and send one to the house and one to my rig. Very useful for when need to hear you a little more without really effecting the FOH....