Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp, Eden sound...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philthygeezer, Jun 9, 2005.

1. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    How would you characterise the Eden sound compared to a Sansamp RBI? I currently have an RBI so I know how that unit sounds.

Thanks.

2. Isn't there a "goldface" or "Adam and Eve" setting on an RBI?

I've never played with a Sans Amp before, but the Eden sound is warm and punchy, "tubey" I guess. To me it's very unlike anything solid-state, and fuller than than clanky SWR stuff, and not as woolly as Ampeg tube gear. Also not as hifi as Euphonic. (what does woolly mean anyway?)

3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Listen or dl'd some live Incubus stuff where Dirk plays. Pretty much the epitomization of "the Eden sound" from what I remember of my Eden rig, IMO. Pretty full and low-mid thick. Good stuff, I think! Almost went Eden again before I found my Demeter and Schro combo! :cool:

4. Oh yeah, and if you visit the Eden forums on their web site they have one dedicated to sound clips.

Stay Low.

5. Ive got a Eden Nav.

It has a tube variation thingy or 'tube blend' (i cant recall the name right now) i think its only on the preamp and not on the heads.

And it can go from clean to pretty damn gritty... i love it!

6. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Gazman. Do you mind my asking.. What poweramp are you running the Nav with, and how much did it set you back (for both) over here?

Thanks!

7. I dont mind at all.

Eden Navigator Pre-amp -> Eden World Tour 1000 Power Amp.

I picked them up with a free roadcase on E-Bay about 1-2months ago for $2500.00, killer deal IMO.

I'm running them into an Eden 210XLT.. for what its worth i dont think the poweramp your running will have a major impact with your tone.

8. I also saw Steve Di Giorgio from Death/Control Denied/testament... using an Eden head with his ESP custom fretless.
    That sound is so sweet, but I don't know anything else about Eden.