sansamp gt2 suggested settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mattbass6945, Dec 26, 2014.

1. i have one of these on the way, and so in anticipation i was curious if any one of you had any suggestions on the settings?

i've heard that the best low end retention is in the mesa style switch. what are your experiences with the mic simulation settings?

2. sad, desperate bump.

3. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I never use the mic simulation settings on bass*...and even when using my GT2 on guitar, I never use the mic simulation settings unless I'm recording direct. They all add a diffuseness that tends to rob the sounds of impact when played through your stage rig.

*tbh, I almost never use my GT2 on bass.

4. yeah, i've tried it and i'm struggling to find something usable out of it.

5. MonsterBass101

MonsterBass101

Mar 3, 2008
    SC
    I either use the classic or the off center mic simulations. The Fender and Mesa Simulations sound the best to me. Usually Hot-Wired, but depends. Gain usually between Noon and 3o'clock. Lows around 2o'clock and highs straight up or slightly backed off. I use this thing every day, sounds great for the stuff I do.

6. i appreciate your response! those are pretty close to what i had. i just couldn't get what i was hearing in my head. probably more my fault than the pedals. ok, definitely my fault. i wouldn't discourage somebody from buying this, there are some gnarly tones in there, just not what i needed.

7. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Perhaps this clip would help you out with some settings.

8. i did see that video. thanks for posting though, maybe it will be of service to the next person!