Sansamp in the UK ??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PaulF, Dec 23, 2004.

1. PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Hi There !

Any TalkBass guys from the UK out there ? - can you recomend any dealers (online or shop) that stock the Sansamp gear (I'm interested in a RBI or the Pedal version) ??

Ideally I'd like to find a shop so I can hear these guys in action before I buy !!

2. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
  3. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    The Bass Gallery in London's Denmark St has the RBI and RPM pre-amps and the BDDI in stock for you to try. However, the bald middle aged bloke who runs it (John?) is a complete nob who arrogantly thinks he knows it all but actually knows very little.... avoid if you can.

The Bass Centre has the Tech 21 Landmark 300 Head and cabs and the BDDI for you to try. Not sure if they have the RPM/RBI preamp... give them a call. They are very helpful...

Bass Boutique has bugger-all stock and you can't try any of it anyway....

The Bass Gallery are worth a visit... nice people and great stock :)
  4. The guy did ask for online as well as shops hence the Bass Boutique who does have Tech 21 Sansamp in stock, no you cant try them but who cares if you know what you want.

Call John he is very helpful.
  5. PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Thanks for the sugestions guys - looks like I need to organise a trip into London to try them out :cool:

Keep on bassin'

(and Merry Xmas!)

6. Bass Centre Birmingham if you don't fancy the London trek :)
  7. N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Doors haven't been open there for months - don't know if it has officially closed down, there was a notice about a refurb but that smells like ****. Where abouts in the UK are you BTW?
  8. PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    I'm in Hampshire, about 20 miles south west of Southampton

London's a bit of a trek, but I do get to go to stuff there on 'work business' every once in a while, so I guess I'll have to try and find something I 'need' to go to next year and get the office to pay the train fare for me ! ;)
  9. Just out of curiosity: What kind of shop can do business if you aren't allowed to try what's in stock? That seems so infantile of that business.