1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sansamp INTO vt bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sonic assassin, Jun 23, 2014.

1. i cant find any clips of using a BDDI to drive the VT as if it were a real amp.

does anyone have that?

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Just a thought, wouldn't the opposite order be more useful, placing the DI last?

But no, haven't tried either.

3. my thought process is to set the VT like a warm tube amp, then crush the front end with the BDDI. then into say a power amp and cab

4. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    The problem is that you're speaker simming into a speaker sim into a cab. The EQ rolloffs are probably going to get weird. I did some preamp combos for my preamp test in my signature - but I didn't do those two because of the speaker sim.

5. I would run them the other way around. Vt into sans amp.

I used to run the original vt into my sans amp RBI, basically used RBI as my main tone and the vt for dirt. Been debating getting another vt, probably shouldn't have sold the one i had.

But yeah i particularly like the VT for its dirtier tones. So i basically used it as a overdrive/distortion pedal.

6. why would you run an amp sim into a distortion pedal? when normally the amp goes after the distortion pedal?

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I don't think it matters in the least which one you use for what. Try both ways and see what you think.