1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sansamp Landmark or RBI?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skull73, May 7, 2006.

1. Hi guys,

I really like the sound of the Landmark 300 and was going to buy one. But I have to sell my good old Amp for that.
    Now I've seen there is a Sansamp Preamp called RBI which is not too expensive and I ask myself if I get the same sound with the RBI.

Do anyone know if the RBI is the same preamp used in the Landmark 300 Amp? :confused:

Buying the RBI I could keep my HK Bassbase 600 and it's power.

cya...
    Ralf

2. Fathand

Fathand

Sep 24, 2005
    Finland
    What I've read and understood, the Landmark is basically:

RBI + RPM + 300w Poweramp in one package.

Some have said that the 300w is a bit underpowered, but that goes to personal preference, I think.

The Landmark 300 sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. (see GAS list below :D)

3. Ahh... I understand. Are the RBI and RPM used together or as two seperate channels?

4. Fathand

Fathand

Sep 24, 2005
    Finland
    They're two separate channels, that you can alternate with and also blend with the included footswitch.

5. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    The Landmark is actually a BDDI and RPM preamp, switchable or combinable.... (is that a word?!)

It is not a RBI because it doesn't have a mid control.

I personally would recommend going for the Landmark 600 as the 300 can be quite underpowered at times....